Monday, March 6

Never Walk in Anyone’s Shadow


Originally uploaded by Fith Fathing Magic.
I made this last year, a study/sculpture about SHADOW.

I think it's sad that a lot of people relinquish ownership of their lives to others or to objects and situations and circumstances so quickly that they forget they have the power to change things and can actually take control of what happens to them. It’s so easy to give excuses not to move our butts and push for the things we want or point fingers when things don’t go our way—“It was his fault,” “I had no choice,” “I was so overwhelmed by it,” “He made me feel so insignificant so I stopped talking,” or “I’m afraid of what I’d do if I don’t get this job.” We constantly forget that we are responsible for our lives and that we can control how we react to things and not the other way around. It’s rather unfortunate that most just won’t bother to stand up and take what’s theirs. In the end they become a mere impression of who they are and what they should be.

1 Comments:

At 10 March, 2006 06:26, Blogger aymi said...

true. there are choices, always. some are just unpalatable and very difficult indeed. in the end, it all boils down to freewill (to me at least).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







Creative Commons License

All images and content, unless otherwise noted, belong to and are the property of Stephanie Palallos. I’m just an artist doing my best to create. Please don’t steal my work! :)