Saturday, March 4

Four Weeks

One month. Have I really been away from cyberspace that long? I had almost forgotten that I had a blog. Like I said before, real life gets in the way of blogging. I’ve been disturbing the universe in other ways! I guess it’s good that I stayed away for a long time because it shows that I can survive without my computer, but I can’t help but feel like I missed out on other things.

Four weeks is a lot of time. I’ve done a lot of things, I’ve challenged myself in different ways, and now I am back, taking a break, coming up for air. I’ve received a lot of emails from friends who were wondering where I’d been. I was online practically everyday and would reply to emails as if they were instant messages. Then nada. Some are used to this Steph though—I go on cycles and tend to hibernate once in a while. Some think I’m flake, others anti-social, but great friends know I’m just being myself. So what if I am a flake or anti-social. HAHAHAHA.

It’s weird to be blogging again. I miss the net, though. I missed reading other blogs (especially Neil Gaiman’s!). I’ve been submerged in the world of shapes and colors for a long time so I am really having a hard time flipping the switch and think in words again. This business of words is rather difficult.

Thirty-one days of not writing… I’m not totally out of the loop though even if I haven’t surfed in a while. I still read the papers and watch CNN and the BBC (I get hypnotized by the crawl sometimes). The internet is different, though. It’s more immediate than the other sources. Plus you get to read the points of view of normal people like me. Kinda reminds you that we are all the same and that we all have opinions, however diverse and contradicting they are. It’s a comforting thought. And I’ve been wanting to pick on some stuff, too, like the whole Danish drawings brouhaha, the growing racism in Football, and the whole EDSA/coup attempt/declaration and lifting of PP 1017, but again, words, words, words. Too much for my right-sided brain to handle right now. Maybe tomorrow or in another month. :)

2 Comments:

At 06 March, 2006 12:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew! i thought you're never returning! has it only been a month? it felt longer than that...i check your blog everyday, and all i see is the Coup d'etat entry--and that was way before the coup d'etat plot/state of emergency brouhaha came...i guess i should be less dependent of your blog entries. hehe.

 
At 06 March, 2006 16:39, Blogger Steph said...

I'm alive!!! :) Hey, thanks for reading my blog. I promise to write more... or at least post pics of my work. I don't want Disturbing the Universe to end up in the blog graveyard! :)

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







Creative Commons License

All images and content, unless otherwise noted, belong to and are the property of Stephanie Palallos. I’m just an artist doing my best to create. Please don’t steal my work! :)