Sunday, October 29

He's here!


Nakata
Originally uploaded by Bealtaine.

My uber crush, recently retired Japanese footballer Hidotoshi Nakata, is here in Manila. He arrived late last Friday and went to Payatas Saturday. His visit made it to the front page of the Philippine Daily Inquirer's Sunday edition. Imagine that! :) His trip was organized by the UNDP and the Presidential Commission for the Urban Poor.

Now why did I not hear about this till now?!?!

Early last Saturday he signed some autographs at the Starbucks 6750 (does that mean he's staying at the Shangri-La Makati???) and was whisked off to Pasig City to kick off a series of Football clinics organized by UNDP, Futkal, and Rock Ed Philippines called "Sipa sa Masa." For more info go to this site.

So is he still here? I was not able to go to Germany to see him play... maybe I'll get to meet him here. Yeah right. With my luck, he is probably boarding a plane right this minute to go to another Asia country. Lovely.

I should really pay more attention to these things! :) It's great though that football is being promoted in this country. Hooray! :)

3 Comments:

At 31 October, 2006 11:28, Blogger g l e n v e r said...

hi steph! i feel bad that we were not able to throw you a note about this event. i am so sorry! i know that you would have had so much fun on that day..

i do have something that might interest you though.. click here.

i promise that there will be more.. much much more to come as far as FutKal is concerned. do check on our blog every now and then for more information.

till the next event..

Cheers,
g l e n v e r

 
At 31 October, 2006 23:57, Blogger Steph said...

ARGH! I really wanted to meet him... and play football. Ehem. :) I checked out the links you gave me... Lovely! Again, I would have gone if I had known that this was happening. Sigh. Great work though! Keep it up!

I also checked out your blog. Chelsea FC? Big game tonight against my boys, FC Barcelona. Visca Barça Forever! hehehehe. Enjoy the game!

 
At 29 April, 2007 22:29, Blogger Bulski said...

hello there! I have a blog about him, come and enjoy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







Creative Commons License

All images and content, unless otherwise noted, belong to and are the property of Stephanie Palallos. I’m just an artist doing my best to create. Please don’t steal my work! :)