Tuesday, August 29

Not Juliet

Every once in a while the Universe throws a curve ball at you. If you are a hotshot ballplayer who’s been training for moments like this all your waking life, you slam it out of the stadium and hit a home run. But, if you are a clumsy, idiot like me who happens to wander into the game while you are looking at something else, you get whacked in the head, turned upside down, and left to crawl out on all fours.

Most of the time I feel as if I know what I am doing, that I am in complete control of my life, and I’ve got things under control. I’m usually confident that I’ve got most things figured out and I that I don’t usually get flustered by people and circumstances. I am invulnerable and immune to it all. And then the Fates step in and remind me that I am oh-so-human after all. I never get their sense of humor, those Ladies.

I hate not knowing why things are meant to happen and why you are meant to meet certain people at a certain time in your life. Why did it have to invade my idyllic space; I was merrily jumping along, following my dream, minding my own business. I never asked for this. I hate it when I am left with my mouth wide open, my jaw scraping the floor, wondering what the fuck hit me. Why didn’t it kill me? Why did it leave me here, contemplating in the dark, with a gaping hole in my chest where my heart used to be?

Things would have been a lot easier if… If only… I wish… Oh well. Things do happen for a reason, don’t they? We’re just not meant to understand or know why they do sometimes. Well, most of the time. I just hate it when it happens to me. I hate hearing the three Fates cackling behind me. Yes, I know, I know. I am human after all.

3 Comments:

At 29 August, 2006 10:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...very interesting. MAgkita naman tayo. Tiff

 
At 02 September, 2006 07:47, Blogger Jude said...

Yes you are human, and things like these are acts of fate , not coincidence. It was meant to be.

 
At 03 September, 2006 03:29, Blogger Steph said...

Jude Thaddeus! You're a blogger! :) Nice to hear from you, dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







Creative Commons License

All images and content, unless otherwise noted, belong to and are the property of Stephanie Palallos. I’m just an artist doing my best to create. Please don’t steal my work! :)