Sunday, September 10

Illustration Friday: Farm


Illustration Friday: Farm

This is more “abattoir” than “farm.” I started to draw an assembly line of eggs this morning, but I still haven’t figured out how to make it interesting; am still working on it. In the meantime, I am back to drawing dead birds. This is a rapid sketch using charcoal; I’ve still got flecks of black dust on my cheeks. I scanned it in B&W and inverted the colors.

I like dark things. I initially didn’t want to post an entry for this topic. Farm sounds so benign. I found a way to make it my own though. At least I am still trying! :)


Here's the original:

3 Comments:

At 11 September, 2006 03:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful illo!!

 
At 11 September, 2006 21:27, Blogger ELLA ELVIANA said...

wonderful take.. great pencil work.

 
At 12 September, 2006 07:49, Blogger steve said...

This is great Steph--love both versions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home







Creative Commons License

All images and content, unless otherwise noted, belong to and are the property of Stephanie Palallos. I’m just an artist doing my best to create. Please don’t steal my work! :)